Terms & Conditions
Junior Chamber International UK Terms & Conditions.
Effective Date: October 31, 2020
2. Information about us
JCI United Kingdom (“we”, “us” or “our”) operates the website http://www.jciuk.org.uk. We are a not-for-profit organisation.
4. Intellectual property rights
Except where indicated otherwise, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our sites must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
5. Our liability
The material displayed on our website is provided on an “as is” and/or “as available” basis. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on our website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. We therefore, to the fullest extent permitted by law, expressly exclude:
- All liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents;
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above; and
6. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on our website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on our website are accurate, complete or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on our website at any time without notice. However, we do not make any commitment to update the materials.
7. Information about you and your visits to our sites
8. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our website by knowingly transmitting, sending, uploading or introducing any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of any software or hardware.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
9. Links to and from our website
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to our website and we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
10. Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.